What is an In-Transit Account?
The In-Transit account is displayed in the Cash Account section of the administrator home page. The In-Transit account is essentially a holding account where all incoming funds to Billhighway (Deposits or Payments) are held until they have cleared.
- Typically funds are held in the In-Transit account for up to 3 business days.
- Billhighway automatically transfers the funds from the In-Transit account to the appropriate cash account (General Checking, Housing, Savings, etc.) once the appropriate time has passed and the funds have cleared.
What are the Benefits of an In-Transit Account?
- Utilizing an In-Transit account reduces the risk that your cash accounts could become overdrawn.
- Billhighway can provide certified funds to clients when money leaves Billhighway. This means all money is guaranteed to clear when it is presented to a Vendor, Member, Charity, etc.
How do I Interpret the In-Transit Account Details?
- Click the View Details link, located under the In-Transit account displayed.
- Items that are incoming (deposits and payments) will be indicated with a positive value (incoming amounts are displayed in black when exported to Microsoft Excel).
- Items that have cleared and have been moved from the In-Transit account to the appropriate cash account will be displayed as a negative value. (outgoing/cleared funds are displayed in red when exported to Microsoft Excel).
Does this feature apply to my organization?
Many features within Billhighway can be customized by the organization/headquarters. Read below to determine if your organization/headquarters has customized or chosen not to utilize this feature.
If an organization subscribes to Billhighway's multi-entity accounting method, known as Quick Route, then the In-Transit account is only visible to executive level administrators within the organization.
STILL NEED HELP?
If this Knowledge Base (KB) article was able to help you resolve an open ticket, please mark the ticket as closed. If this article was not able to help you, please try your search again.
If after searching our Knowledge Base, you've been unable to find an answer to your question, please open a ticket and our Client Care Team will be happy to assist you!